University of Manitoba Scholarship Program Undergraduate Students 2023 – Applications are invited from all interested persons. Here are all you need to know for a successful application; the requirements, application closing date, and how to apply.
Since 1877, the University of Manitoba has been driving discovery and inspiring minds through innovative teaching and research excellence. Proudly located in the heart of Canada, the U of M has a strong and engaged community of students, faculty, staff, alumni, donors and community partners. With more than 145,000 alumni living in 140 countries, our impact is global.
Benefits of University of Manitoba Scholarship Program
- Partial Funding up to $240,000
Requirements for University of Manitoba Scholarship Program Qualification
- All students must complete courses in both the fall and winter terms to be eligible.
- In most cases, students must register for and complete at least 60 percent of a full course-load per term (i.e., a minimum of 9 credit hours per term). Graduate students do not have to adhere to credit hour minimums provided they are registered as full-time students over the fall and winter terms with the Faculty of Graduate Studies.
- Students must meet minimum G.P.A. requirements. Continuing students must have a minimum degree G.P.A. of 2.0. New students (from high school) must have a grade 12 average of 70% or higher. Students admitted on Mature Student Status may also be eligible for bursary consideration.
- Financial need must be clearly documented on the application. Students who have applied for government students loans from other provinces must provide a copy of a current official government loan assessment to support their declaration of financial need. Please note Manitoba Student Aid recipients do not need to submit a copy of their Notice of Assessment.
- International students in their first year of post-secondary study in Canada are not eligible to apply to the general bursary program.
How to Apply
You must apply for the University of Manitoba General Bursary through Aurora in addition to any individual applications that may be required for specific awards. Click here to apply.
Application Closing Date