Mexican Government’s Scholarships of Excellence 2023 for International Students – Applications are invited from all interested persons. See below for all you need to know; the requirements, application closing date, and how to apply.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs (SRE), through the Mexican Agency for International Development Cooperation (AMEXCID), summons foreigners interested in studying in Mexico, at various levels of consideration.
Requirements for Application
- Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s, Master’s or Ph.D. Degree, as required by the program for which the scholarship is requested. Technical and / or commercial degree titles are not accepted. For the cases of mobility at the Bachelor’s level, it will not be necessary to submit a diploma, only proof of studies of the last academic period completed, issued by the institution of origin.
- Candidates cannot be living in Mexico at the time of application.
- Applicants must have achieved a minimum grade point average of
eighty (80), on a scale of 0 to 100, or the equivalent, for the last academic degree received.
AMEXCID will grant the selected applicants:
- For Master’s scholarships, mobility at the Bachelor’s and Master’s levels, and Master’s level research, a monthly stipend of 4 (four) times the monthly value of the the Federal Economic Measurement Unit (UMA), currently equivalent to $12,614.80 (Twelve thousand six hundred fourteen pesos and 80/100 M.N.) per month. The UMA is subject to changes established by law. (Stipend is paid in the following month).
- For Doctoral scholarships and research stays at the doctoral and postdoctoral levels, a monthly stipend of 5 (five) times the monthly value of the UMA, currently equivalent to $15,768.50 (Fifteen thousand seven hundred sixty-eight pesos and 50/100 M.N.). The UMA is subject to changes established by law. (Stipend is paid in the following month).
- Enrollment and tuition, under the provisions of the program of each Mexican Educational Institution (Annex 1), subject to the final decision of each Institution, issued through their acceptance letter.
- Medical insurance through the Mexican Social Security Institute (IMSS). The coverage will begin from the seventh month of the scholarship and will last for a period similar to the scholarship period granted (Annex 2).
- Payment waiver for issuing the Mexican visa.
- International air flight transportation upon satisfactory completion of the academic program. AMEXCID will determine the flight route.
- Publication of the Call May 15, 2023
- Registration of applications in the SIGCA (Academic Cooperation Management System) https://sigca.sre.gob.mx / From May 15 to July 21, 2023
- Review and evaluation of applications From July 24 to August 4, 2023
- Notification of results to selected candidates From August 7 to 11, 2023
- Start of activities From September 2023 to December 8, 2023
Application Closing Date
Application Deadline: July 21st, 2023