Standard Chartered Bank Job Recruitment Application Portal . Apply Now for Senior Officer, Cash Ops – Payment Processing at Standard Chartered Bank.
Standard Chartered Bank Job Recruitment Application
Standard Chartered Bank – We’re an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we’ve worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. As a leading international bank, we strive to help people and businesses prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Officer, Cash Ops – Payment Processing
Ref No: 2300007685
Employee Status: Permanent
- Daily review of outstanding Items on Nostro reconciliation, ensuring that there are no outstanding Items over 5 days.
- Escalation of Items outstanding over 5 days and follow up for swift resolution
- Review and ensure that all outstanding items on all payment suspense account are closed timely. Ensure no outstanding Items beyond the approved life span of the respective accounts.
- ECCI (Electronic Certificate of Capital Importation) Repatriations and Management: Process all ECCI Repatriations, transfers & receive of ECCIs on the ECCI platform. Ensuring adherence to all rules and regulations as specified by CBN. Escalate any potential regulatory breach.
- Payments Monitoring and Exception Management: By checking all items outstanding in Nostro and Suspense, monitoring and identify all exceptions, liaise with clients and other stakeholders in closing the transactions. This ensure minimal or nil negative impact on Client experience.
- Processing and Clearing of Foreign Currency (Inward & Outward) Cheques for Collection
- Preparation of Journal Entries-EBBS to clear outstanding items
- Advise funding of Nostro Account maintained with corresponding Banks: Daily review of all transactions for each of outward foreign currencies, and make arrangement with Financial Market for funding of each Nostro account to avoid out-of-pocket of Nostro Accounts
- Anti-Money Laundering Remain alert to the risk of money laundering and assist in the bank’s effort in combating it by adhering to the key principles in relation to: ‘’identifying our customer, reporting suspicions, safeguarding records and not disclosing suspicions to customers
- Ensure appropriate CCI type(s) is/are being used for respective repatriation
- ECCI Dividends: Review documents and allot dividend based on available securities. Ensure appropriate securities are attached to CCIs.
- Foreign Exchange Regulatory Reporting: Collate the report of all local Regulatory Payments across the bank. Ensuring accuracy as will be used by the CBN.
- Investigations of All Outstanding TT Related Transactions in Suspense and NOSTRO accounts with daily reports. Investigation of all cross-border transactions in the Bank’s Nostro and Suspense Account. Liaise with responsible Teams in closing all outstanding items. Escalate any exception.
- Act as Back up within the unit as applicable
- Offshore and OUR Charges: Ensure all charges are cleared and respective client debited for all charges to avoid income leakage. Monitor and follow-up with the Charge Team to avoid overage charge item in Nostro.
- Suspense Account: Ensure all outstanding items in suspense account are cleared and appropriate narration are used for all entries passed to Unclaimed Balance Account
- Fees and Nostro Charges: Process all charges related to Telegraphic Transfer (Dexial charges, Deposit Fees, Rebate etc). Liaise with Finance Dept. to ensure charges are appropriately tagged to respective Business.
- Process stop draft requests in line with CMO guidelines, ensuring compliance with operational procedures and regulatory controls.
- To receive and collate all inward messages received from other Banks, review with the International Payments Manager ensuring response to all messages.
- Investigate and respond to all complaints relating to foreign cheques and ensure quick resolution of such issues.
- Actively support TB in the migration of new customer to the STS platform.
- Process all foreign cheques received in line with the payment guidelines, ensuring compliance with operational procedures and regulatory controls.
- Ensure all transactions are processed within agreed Service Level Agreement (SLA)
- Any other duties assigned from time to time by Head CMO
Our Ideal Candidate
- 1st Degree plus banking experience
- Thorough knowledge of local forex regulations
- In-depth knowledge of SCB’s Payment policy manual and swift standards
Role Specific Competencies:
- Working knowledge of SCB’s Payment policy manual and swift standards
- Independent and innovative
- Ability to identify, analyse and manage operational risks
- Good knowledge of local forex regulations.
- Knowledge and interpretation of company Financial Reporting/Accounting
- Basic PC skills – word processing and spreadsheets
- Adaptable and flexible
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 9th May, 2023.