British Council Job Recruitment for Exams Invigilators. Here are the requirements and how apply forExams Invigilators at the British Council.
British Council Job Recruitment for Exams Invigilators
The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with – changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust.
We work with over 100 countries across the world in the fields of arts and culture, English language, education and civil society. Each year we reach over 20 million people face-to-face and more than 500 million people online, via broadcasts and publications. Founded in 1934, we are a UK charity governed by Royal Charter and a UK public body.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Exams Invigilator
Locations: Abuja, Lagos, Port Harcourt – Rivers, Kano, Enugu, Calabar – Cross River, Benin – Edo, Akure – Ondo, Warri Delta, Kaduna and Oshogbo – Osun
Pay band: Hourly rate
Contract type: Two-year freelance contract
Eligibility: Existing right to live and work in Nigeria
About Exams Invigilators Nigeria
- We are looking for suitably qualified candidates to ensure that any test administered by the British Council runs smoothly on the test day/s and that all assigned test day duties and standards are met. The post holder will be part of Nigeria Exams team.
- The post holder will be part of a wider pool of test day personnel, contracted to support the delivery of a variety of tests on behalf of the British Council across various locations in the country.
- The post holder will be required to work very closely with a team of other test day personnel and test day service providers.
- Report promptly to test venue at agreed time. In case of any delays or if unable to get to the test venue, inform the appropriate test day or British Council Trading Services (Nigeria) Limited Exams Operations staff in a timely manner.
- Enable good customer flow by giving candidates clear direction and answering their enquiries.
- Ensure that candidates follow the agreed exam procedures regarding the location and security of their belongings.
- Attend all briefing and training sessions as requested by the British Council Trading Services (Nigeria) Limited Examinations Services Centre.
- Conduct candidate entry, exit, identity checks and Test Day Photography procedures according to exam requirements.
- Some invigilators may be required to travel, including overnight stays. The majority will not have this requirement. During the recruitment process you will be asked to indicate your willingness to travel.
- English language level of B1 (Listening, Speaking, Reading, Writing skills) or equivalent (e.g. Cambridge English PET, IELTS 5)
- Customer Service: Experience of responding to children/ young adults and parents’ needs (as customers) in a professional manner, to a high level of quality
- Previous invigilator experience
- Awareness of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children
- Diploma or equivalent qualification
How to Apply for
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 10th May, 2023.
- Application questions must be completed honestly; if questions are not completed with true valid information, you will be disqualified
- Please include your preferred location in your application