KAUST Visiting Student Research Internship Program (VSRP) at KAUST 2023/2024 – The KAUST window is open for applications from interested candidates for the VSRP. See below for all you need to know; the requirements, application deadline, and how to apply.
KAUST aspires to be a destination for scientific and technological education and research. By inspiring discoveries to address global challenges, they strive to serve as a beacon of knowledge that bridges people and cultures for the betterment of humanity.
You are eligible for the following benefits if you are successfully selected for the program
- Monthly living allowance ( $1000 )
- Round-trip airfare to/from city of departure-Jeddah (KAUST)
- Health insurance
- Private bedroom and bath in a shared residential suite
- Visa fees (Students must have valid passport)
- Access to community recreational resources
- Social and cultural activities
- Completed a minimum of their third year of baccalaureate studies OR completed their baccalaureate (Bachelor’s degree) OR be pursuing a post- baccalaureate (Master’s degree). Currently enrolled KAUST students, KAUST Alumni, students who are currently in a PhD program or those who have earned a PhD are not eligible to participate.
- A cumulative grade point average (GPA) that exceeds 3.50 /4.00 ( 14/20: Equivalent to ECTS B) with some research projects requiring a 3.60 or higher.
- Demonstrated English reading comprehension, speaking, listening and writing abilities.
- Official academic transcript(s) or a certified translation if the original transcript(s) is not in English from current and previous institutions.
- Personal Statement and CV
- The recommendation of a faculty member in the field of study from current and previous schools of enrollment.
- Valid passport.
Steps for Application
The selection process usually takes the following steps
- Once all requirements have been submitted, your complete application will be reviewed and you may be contacted by the faculty member for a Skype interview to discuss your academic, your research background and to learn more about your interest in the internship.
- If you are approved, you will receive an email acceptance letter following the interview.
- Finally, a travel advisor will get in touch with you to help make a smooth relocation to the KAUST campus.
- Official Transcript(s) in English from current and previous institutions
- Letter of Recommendation
- Valid Passport
- Statement of purpose
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
How to Apply
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here