The Mandela Rhodes Foundation Scholarship Programme 2024 – Applications are invited from all interested persons for the Mandela Rhodes Scholarship Programme. See below for all you need to know; the requirements, application window, and how to apply.
The Mandela Rhodes Foundation Scholarship Programme
The scholarship combines financial support with a leadership programme that will challenge you, grow you, and connect you to young African changemakers. This programme will covers tuition for a one-year Honours degree or a two-year Masters degree in any field at a recognized South African institution of higher education. Apart from tuition and registration fees, the programme also provides allowances for study materials, research, and medical aid, accommodation and meals and travel assistance.#
Selected candidates will benefit from the following provisions
- You will receive full tuition and registration fees as set by the University you are admitted to.
- The programme will provide you with a study materials allowance as set by the MRF
- You will receive accommodation and meal allowances for the whole duration of your programme
- Scholarship holders will be eligible for a medical aid allowance as set by the MRF
- You will also receive a personal allowance to cover your personal expenses
- Participants will also be eligible for research and conferencing grants if this applies
- You will be awarded with an economy-class flight ticket for international travel from your home country to your institutions at the start and end of their studies
To be considered for the program, you must fulfill the following conditions
- Applicant must be students who are citizens of an African country, no matter where they are currently living or studying, are eligible to apply
- You must be between the ages of 19 and 29 at the time of applying. Therefore, you must be under the age of 30 if you are to be considered for the programme
- Applicants must demonstrate academically excellence with an academic grade of above 70%.
- You must also have demonstrated leadership on your campus or in your community.
- Applicants who have not yet completed their undergraduate at the time of application may apply, provided that it must be complete by the time they take up the Scholarship.
Applications must be submitted online by eligible applicants. In addition to completing an online application form, you must apply and secure admission for your proffered course at an institution / University In South Africa, as detailed below.
- You must apply and secure admission to your university of choice by December of your year in residence.
- Selected candidates must accept the scholarship for the year that it is offered as this cannot be deferred.
- As part of your scholarship, you will attend and participate in all activities of the leadership development programme, and travel outside South Africa, even for research purposes, will not be accepted as a reason for absence.
Interested students should submit the following documents as part of their application:
- Request three letters of recommendation as part of your application. Your recommenders must submit their letters through the programme application platform.
- You must upload certificates of completion for your degrees, transcripts of your academic results, as well as scans of your ID and passport documents.
- All candidates will be asked to write two short essays, one on your personal journey, and one on a specific question relating to our principles.
How to Apply
To apply, Click here
April 21, 2023
For more information, visit the official website here