Scotland’s Saltire Scholarship for Postgraduate Students 2023. Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the 2023/2024 Scotland’s Saltire Scholarship for Postgraduate Students.
Scotland’s Saltire Scholarship for Postgraduate Students
Scotland’s Saltire Scholarships are offered by the Scottish Government in collaboration with Scottish universities in the areas of science, technology, creative industries, healthcare and medical sciences, and renewable and clean energy.
Details of Scholarship
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Scottish Government in collaboration with Scottish Universities
Scholarship Type: Tuition award
Host Institution(s): Scottish Universities
Study level: Undergraduate and Postgraduate
Scholarship Worth: £8000, towards tuition fees
Number of Award: 50
Nationality: International Students
The scheme offers up to 50 awards, each worth £8000, towards tuition fees for any one year of full time study on a postgraduate Masters programme at any of Scotland’s higher education institutions. Chosen scholars are people who aspire to become influential leaders in their future careers. They have wide ranging interests outside their studies and a desire to broaden their personal and academic experience in Scotland.
Eligibility and Criteria for Scotland’s Saltire Scholarship for Postgraduate
Candidates interested for Scotland’s Saltire Scholarships for Postgraduate Students 2023 are expected to meet the following eligibility criteria;
- Applicants must be International Students.
- Have a conditional or unconditional offer of a place at a Scottish university on an eligible course that will be delivered physically in Scotland or via distance online learning or via a combination of both.
- Be a citizen of Canada, India, Japan, USA, Pakistan or China (Hong Kong citizens are also eligible as it is a Special Administrative Region of China).
- Be able to demonstrate that they can meet the costs of living in Scotland (where this is applicable) and the remaining tuition fees.
- Not have previously studied in Scotland.
- Not have previously received a Saltire Scholarship.
- Meet the language requirements of the course.
- Complete an application form and submit it by the closing date of 31 May 2023.
The course must be a postgraduate Masters level course in one of the following subject areas
- Creative industries
- Healthcare and medical sciences
- Renewable and clean energy
Benefits of Scholarship
The following benefits will be awarded to the successful candidates for the scholarship
- The award is £8000, towards tuition fees
- The scheme offers up to 50 awards
How to Apply for Scotland’s Saltire Scholarship for Postgraduate
Interested applicants for Scotland’s Saltire Scholarships 2023 can proceed to complete an online application after reading the eligibility rules and FAQs. In order to apply for a Saltire Scholarship candidates must have a conditional or unconditional offer of a place at a Scottish university for an eligible course.
Application Deadline: May 31, 2023