Operations Planning Manager at British Council – How to Apply for Jobs at British Council: Applications are invited from all interested but suitably qualified persons to fill the position advertised here. See below for all you need to know; the requirements, location, job description, application deadline, and how to apply.
The British Council is the UK’s international organization for cultural relations and educational opportunities.
We work with over 100 countries across the world in the fields of arts and culture, English language, education and civil society. Each year we reach over 20 million people face-to-face and more than 500 million people online, via broadcasts and publications. Founded in 1934, we are a UK charity governed by Royal Charter and a UK public body.
Job Title: Operations Planning Manager
Contract Type – Indefinite Contract
Pay Band – BRC-6-F
- The purpose of this role is to plan and track exams capacity requirements against demand from 18 months out on a 12-month rolling basis down to handover to Operations Managers for Resource Management and Test Day delivery.
- The Operations planning Manager will translate demand into capacity/resource requirements for venues, people, and test materials to fully optimise operations and margins while maintaining service levels, maximising agility, and ensuring contingency.
- It will also manage, monitor, and review changes to plan reporting on requirements to fill capacity, effectiveness of Planning and cost to serve.
- This role will be required to manage external relationships like exam venue providers and vendor relationship, he/she will also undertake venue scouting and contract negotiations.
- This role will also manage internal relationship management and other country relationships and ensure internal counterparts across functions understand requirements and execute to plan on Test Day.
Not limited to the following:
- Plan to optimise available physical and operational resources given demand
- Capacity Management – manages relationship with Commercial for Demand and capacity fill
- Takes end-to-end accountability for researching and obtaining satisfactory and timely resolution of complex/escalated customer (internal or external) operational complaints and issues, coordinating input from other colleagues/departments/managers as required, to do so, in relation to venue and demand management.
- Contingency planning and risk management of supply.
- Manages daily/weekly planning/capacity meetings
- Operates and runs regular reports on range of standard, corporate financial processes and procedures to enable effective budget and resource management for the team, unit or project(s) – e.g. purchase order system, FABS, SAP, procurement processes.
- Plans and prioritises cluster’s operational activities and supports team knowledge and skills development towards effective delivery of services.
- Ensures the customer is kept informed throughout the process.
- Works with Head of Operations and Commercial Manager on planning future changes to delivery profiles
- Manage relationship with exam venues, event venue landlords, negotiate contracts and manage onboarding on the SAP.
Role specific knowledge and experience:
- Experience of translating demand requirements to ensure capacity can be met to deliver operationally within a large business.
- Experience of working in a high volume, busy operational environment, delivering to standard.
- University Degree in any subject or relevant qualification.
- Experience of supporting on delivery of computer based and/or paper-based exams.
- Managing small teams or demonstrating management potential of team in dispersed locations.
- Experience in third party relationship management.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
NGN10,989,828.00 per annum plus benefits.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Closing Date
26th March, 2023 (23:59 South Africa Time).