Mastercard Foundation Scholarship 2023/2024 | Fully Funded. Applications are invited from qualified candidates to apply for the 2023/2024 Mastercard Foundation Scholarship. See the requirements and how to apply.
Mastercard Foundation Scholarship 2023/2024 | Fully Funded
This program is an initiative that provides academically talented young people from economically disadvantaged communities in Africa with access to quality university education.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Cape Town, Mastercard Foundation
Host Institution(s): University of Cape Town
Scholarship Worth: See Scholarship Benefits (below)
Number of Awards: Not specified
Study Level: Undergraduate and Postgraduate
Key Information on Mastercard Foundation Scholarships
The Mastercard Foundation Scholarships at the University of Cape Town ensure a premium educational package that will produce graduates whose qualifications are internationally recognised and locally applicable, and whose transition into the workforce is underpinned by values of engaged citizenship and social justice. The scholarships cover the full period of study and are renewable annually subject to satisfactory performance and participation in the activities and opportunities offered by the programme.
Eligibility and Criteria for Application
To be considered eligible for the Mastercard Foundation Scholarships applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Must be Africans who are willing to enroll in an undergraduate or postgraduate studies at University of Cape Town.
- Must be academically talented – value learning and are driven to complete their education.
- Must be economically disadvantaged – facing significant financial barriers to completing their education.
- Must be committed to giving back – investing in their communities, using the skills and knowledge that they have acquired.
- Must demonstrate that they are committed to embracing ethical leadership and making a positive change in their home communities.
- Comprehensive financial assistance with visa applications, travel, tuition, living expenses, medical aid and accommodation.
- Academic and peer mentor support.
- Career and internship opportunities in Africa, service learning, experiential learning – career guidance and support for transition to further study or the workforce.
- Leadership development and training.
- Alumni networks for further support.
Application Procedures for the Mastercard Foundation Scholarship
Interested applicants for the University of Cape Town – Mastercard Foundation Scholarships 2023 are to apply online on or before the application deadline.
Application Window: March to July