Government of Flanders Mastermind Scholarships 2023/2024 – Applications are invited from all interested but suitably qualified persons to benefit from the Government of Flanders Scholarship. See below for all you need to know; the requirements, application closing date, and how to apply.
The program aims to promote the internationalization of Flemish Higher Education, as stated in the Action Plan for Student Mobility, Brains on the Move (September 2013).
Students cannot apply directly.
Students should not combine this scholarship with another scholarship from the Flemish government or an Erasmus Mundus Scholarship.
Benefits of Government of Flanders Mastermind Scholarships
The incoming student is awarded a scholarship of a maximum €8000,- per academic year.
The duration of mobility is a minimum of 1 academic year and a maximum of the full duration of the master’s program. If the student obtains less than 45 ECTS in the first year, then he/she loses the scholarship in the second year.
Requirements for Government of Flanders Mastermind Scholarships Qualification
The Flemish host institution applies on behalf of the student.
General eligibility requirements
- The applicant applies to take up a Master’s degree program at a higher education institution in Flanders (hereafter ‘Flemish host institution’).
- The applicant should have a high standard of academic performance and/or potential. He/she meets all academic entrance criteria, including relevant language requirements, for entering the Master’s program in question offered by the Flemish host institution.
- All nationalities can apply.
Documents to be uploaded:
- Passport photo
- International passport or national ID
- A Curriculum Vitae (including your American GPA out of 4.0 and if applicable your publications, academic awards, previous scholarships, etc.)
https://www.scholaro.com/gpa-calculator/ (see annex: How to calculate your American GPA)
- Transcript of records; English language test results or letter of the exemption provided by the host university
- Letter of motivation written in English.
- Two signed letters of recommendation from professors of your (previous) home university, university of applied sciences (and arts) or recent employer written in English.
- Copy of acquired diploma(s); if written in a language other than Dutch, French, German or English.
How to Apply
- STEP 1 Check if you are eligible to apply and if the Flemish institution of your choice participates in the Master Mind Scholarships
- 2) Submit your application to the host institution
- 3) The host institution pres-elects the eligible applications
- 4) The host institution starts the application procedure for the Master Mind Scholarship by creating your application file in the Mobility-Online application tool.
- 5) You receive an email generated by the Mobility-Online tool notifying you of being pres-elected for a Master Mind Scholarship
- 6) You register in the Mobility-Online tool and complete your application file in the Mobility-Online tool before the deadline.
- 7) The host institution validates and submits the completed application file in the Mobility-Online tool. Before the deadline of 28th April 2023 23h59 GMT+1.
CLICK HERE For More Details
April 28, 2023