CrossBoundary Energy Recruitment 2023/2024 – Applications are invited from all interested persons. See below for all you need to know; the requirements, application closing date, and how to apply.
Job Title: Project Development Engineer – Telecoms Solutions
Employment Type: Full time
READ ALSO – One Acre Fund Recruitment
- CrossBoundary Energy (CBE) is recruiting a full-time Development Engineer for the Telecom Solutions sector team.
- You will actively support CBE’s investments in solar-hybrid assets for telecommunications infrastructure throughout Africa by supporting the development of world-class technical solutions and commercial proposals for our potential clients.
- You’re both engineer and business developer, being a critical interface between both teams, ensuring that our technical solutions proposed to clients are fit for purpose and competitive, and engaging clients in technical discussions as needed.
- Conduct hybrid sizing, configuration and design including optimal configuration of solar, thermal and storage seeking to optimize for LCoE
- Support the business development team with technical inputs for pricing, proposal materials, other sales documentation, and customer engagement
- Provide technical support during Energy Services Agreement (ESA) contract drafting and negotiations.
- Produce preliminary design documentation including layouts, Interconnection strategy, SLD’s, BoQ’s, PVSyst analysis, etc.;
- Carry out site and situation analysis of projects and effectively drive the technical development to address high risk and critical path workstreams.
- Support data gathering from customers and associated 3rd parties as required to effectively carry out studies and associated development activities
- Support with the EPC engagement, contracting, configuration optimization and review of EPC detailed designs
Skills and Qualifications Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant Engineering field
- Commercial aptitude and excellent communication skills
- 3+ years work experience in renewable energy systems; work experience in telecom sector is a pre
- Demonstrable experience in hybrid/off-grid sizing, configuring and modelling– HOMER (or similar) and/or self-built models
- Understanding of the key components that form part of a hybrid solution:
- Solar PV
- Battery storage (including understanding different storage technologies and the associated tradeoffs)
- Diesel generators
- Strong understanding of DC/DC and AC/DC Electrical Power Systems, Power Electronics, and Solar energy systems
- Writes clearly, professionally, and without grammatical errors
- Highly competent in both Excel and Powerpoint.
Ideal candidate will have the following skills and qualifications:
- 3+ years relevant working experience
- 2+ year work experience in solar PV, SHS, minigrids or minigrid design and implementation with a top-tier firm
- Experience designing a small scale solar/storage/thermal hybrid project Undergone some project management training
- Good commercial understanding of the solar IPP model including an understanding of project finance
- Demonstrable hands-on experience deploying renewable energy solutions in rural areas
- Interest and understanding of the telecom world.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Closing Date