Ocean Marine Solutions Limited Recruitment | Requirements & How to Apply. Apply Now for Captain at Ocean Marine Solutions Limited.
Ocean Marine Solutions Limited is a strategically positioned organization operating the marine industry to provide solutions to high-risks security concerns in Nigerian waters.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Captain
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the safe navigation and piloting of the vessel.
- Responsible for Chart plotting and Voyage planning.
- Take responsibility of navigational and Safety equipment on board, ensuring proper and efficient use.
- Maintain log of the boat’s operations, detailing pertinent events that occur on the vessel while offshore.
- Maintain proper Radar watch, radio watch and observe Bridge procedures as recommended by IMO Regulations.
- Undertake routine maintenance tasks, safety checks and other maintenance as may be required.
- Maintain good communication with crew members.
- Ensure that equipment failure is kept to a minimum and within contractual limits.
- Responsible for checking all navigation tools and resources are in good working condition before departure.
- Carry out Safety drills on-board in conjunction with OIC and proper notification to the client
- Maintain, correct and prepare nautical charts.
- Present Voyage report at the end of each trip to reflect the status of all Navigation, Safety, accommodation and Deck equipment
- Maintain teamwork with all personnel/crew as applicable
- Maintain and compile a trouble shooting service logs for navigational instruments to ensure common issues can be resolved in a more efficient manner.
- Ensure that logs accurately reflect the current status of equipment.
- Ensure compliance with Safety Management System thus allowing for safe, efficient operations.
- Carry out proper shipboard management.
Educational Qualifications, Certifications and Experience
- NIMASA Master REG II/3 or Chief Mate II/2.
Certificate of Competency:
- National Diploma and/or WAEC.
- Associate certificate from NIMASA approved
- Discharge Book
- Yellow Book
- International Passport.
- Maritime institution.
- STCW Basic Mandatory certificates
- NIMASA Medicals
- Minimum of 5 years’ work experience
- Ship Command and Control
- IT Appreciation & Application (added advantage)
- Initiative / Judgement
- Analytical Thinking
- Operations report writing.
- Shipboard Management
- Document Management
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to “the HR & Admin department” at: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 4th May, 2023.