Year 2023 Compulsory Confirmation/Promotion Examinations (Compro | & Il) For Administrative, Foreign Affairs, Executive, Police, Para-Military And Other Professionals (Doctors, Engineers, Teachers, Nurses Etc) In The Public Service – The Federal Government has approved compulsory examination for top echelon of the federal public service in 2023.
In the circular it was expressly stated that: The Head of the Civil Service of the Federation has approved the conduct/management of the year 2023 Compulsory Confirmation/Promotion Examination for newly appointed Administrative Officers, Foreign Affairs Officers, Executive Officers, Police Officers, Para Military and other Professionals in the Federal Public Service.
Public Service Confirmation Exam Portal 2023
“The Examination which is conducted by the Career Management Office of the Office of the Head of the Civil Service of the Federation, is a statutory requirement for the career progression of all staff in the Public Service.
FG Civil Service Compulsory Exam Date 2023/2024
“The Examination has been scheduled to take place throughout the Federation from Tuesday 19th – Friday 22nd September, 2023.
NOTE- Any officer who fails to pass the examinations after three consecutive attempts shall be required to resign or withdraw from the Service in accordance with Public Service Rules 060203 and 060204 as stated below: (i) 060203 – “An officer who fails the Examination after three consecutive attempts shall by virtue of such failures be required to resign or withdraw from the service”.
The Permanent Secretary/Head of Extra-Ministerial Office shall ensure strict compliance and enforcement. (i) 060204 – “An officer who fails to take the Confirmation Examination after 3 years of his/her first appointment shall be required to resign from Service”.
Eligible officers to Take FG Civil Servant Compulsory Exam 2023
The categories of officers eligible to sit for the examinations are:
- (a) Administrative Officers/Professionals (Doctors, Engineers, Teachers, Nurses etc) appointed directly into the Federal Public Service on first appointment;
- (b) Administrative ~ Officers/Professionals (Doctors, Engineers, Teachers, Nurses etc) promoted from junior posts, who are yet to be confirmed;
- (c) Administrative Officers/Professionals transferred from other Scheduled Services who at the date of transfer are under the age of 40 years and have not satisfied conditions for confirmation;
- (d) All unconfirmed Professionals e.g Doctors, Engineers, Architects, Surveyors that are in Government employment;
- (e) Officers appointed on first appointment as Executive Officers;
- (f) Executive Officers transferred from other Scheduled Services who at the date of transfer are under the age of 40 years and have not satisfied conditions for confirmation;
- (h) Unconfirmed Assistant Executive Officers promoted from junior posts.
The registration will be done online via the COMPRO Portal on www.ohcsf.gov.ng while the examination will be by Computer Based Test (CBT).
The candidate(s)’ Head of Department must countersign their printed slip generated from the portal. Slips that are not endorsed by the Director Human Resource/Administration will not be acceptable during accreditation at the Examination Centre.
The letter of First Appointment supporting the candidate’s application should be uploaded while filling the online Form.
How to Register for the FG Civil Servant Compulsory Promotion Exam 2023
Step 1: Visit the OHCSF website – https://www.ohcsf.gov.ng
Step 2: On the main menu select Services and click on COMPRO registration
Step 3: Click on Begin Registration
Step 4: Click on the category of your grade i.e. Grade Level 07 and above (Senior COMPRO)
Step 5: Click pay senior COMPRO Registration Fee
Step 6: On the page you will see the form to fill the required field
Step 7: Upload your recent passport photograph
Step 8: Upload your Letter of Appointment and your evidence of payment (i.e. your Remita Payment Receipt)
Step 9: Click on the Submit button to submit your form.
Step 10: Print two (2) copies of the generated form (A copy of the signed form must be retained by the candidates’ organization while the second copy must be forwarded to OHCSF).
FG Civil Servant Exam Form Amount 2023
6. The non-refundable examination fee of N5,000 (Five Thousand Naira only) is payable by each candidate as cost of materials and logistics/transport/venues for the conduct of the Examinations as approved by the Federal Public Service Examination Board.
7. The Examination fee in respect of a candidate should be paid through REMITA platform with the following details:
Account Name: Office of the Head of the Civil Service of the Federation
Purpose: COMPRO Examinations
The Remita Reference Receipt (RRR) of payment should be attached to the generated examination slip of the candidates. All documents in sealed envelope should be submitted to the Office of the Head of the Civil Service of the Federation marked for the attention of the Director, Learning and Development, Career Management Office, Block B, 3 Floor, Room 301, Federal Secretariat, Phase Il, Shehu Shagari Way, Abuja.
[6/21, 8:47 AM] Emma Biz C: 8. The usage of reference books i.e Public Service Rules and Financial Regulations is now untenable due to the use of CBT for COMPRO Examination.
However, MDAs that are desirous of organizing preparatory revision classes for their candidates for the examination will be assisted by the Learning and Development Department (OHCSF). In addition, the Learning and Development Department will continue to sensitize candidates on the new CBT method after registration.
9. All Ministries, Departments and Agencies should note that:
i. Federal Public Servants who have served for a minimum period of Six (6) months are eligible to write the examination.
ii. All candidates intending to sit for the examination must be nominated by their MDAs and their generated slips be forwarded through their MDAs;
iii. Candidates are to use their unique phone numbers and email addresses for communication and sensitization during and after registration;
iv. Candidates that are physically challenged should indicate appropriately during registration;
Vv. MDAs should submit their candidates’ list before the deadline as provided in the call circular; and
Candidates who failed to be accredited on the stipulated date would not be allowed to sit for the examination;
10. The approved venues for the Examination in the State capitals and the Federal Capital Territory are the JAMB Computer Based Test (CBT) Centres.
11. Unless specially exempted by Government, all Administrative Officers, Executive Officers, Foreign Affairs Officers, Police Officers and other Professionals in the Federal Public Service are required to pass the Examination as prescribed in Chapter 6 of the Public Service Rules within two (2) years of the date of taking up appointment.
12. This Circular can be downloaded from the website of the Office of the Head of the Civil Service of the Federation, www.ohcsf.gov.ng.
FG Civil Servant Exam Registration Closing Date 2023
Please note that online registration of candidates shall close by Thursday, 31st August, 2023