Applications for fully-funded Chevening Scholarships to study for one-year master’s degrees at UK universities will open on September 12, 2023. – In a post on twitter, the scholarship programme announced that entries would be accepted for the 2024/2025 academic year till November 7, 2023.
Chevening Scholarships is the UK government’s international programme aimed at developing global leaders. The scholarships are funded by the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCO) and partner organisations.
They offer financial support for individuals to study for a master’s degree at any UK university. It covers tuition, travel, a monthly stipend, plus more.
ELIGIBILITY FOR THE SCHOLARSHIP
- To be eligible for a Chevening scholarship, you must be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country or territory and return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your award has ended.
- You also would have completed your undergraduate degree and all the prerequisites required to get admitted to a postgraduate programme at a UK university by the time you submit your application.
- Applicants are expected to have at least two years (equivalent to 2,800 hours) of work experience, must have applied to three different universities in the UK (ones that are approved by the programme) and must have received an offer letter from at least one of them.
Successful applicants will develop professionally and academically, network extensively, experience UK culture, and build lasting positive relationships with the UK.
Since 1983, over 50,000 professionals across the globe have studied in the UK through the programme, including more than 1,400 Nigerians.
How to apply for Chevening Scholarship 2024/2025
Interested applicants should visit the Chevening Scholarships website (http://chevening.org/scholarships) to read the full eligibility requirements and conditions.
Application timeline | Chevening
The process of selecting Chevening Scholars takes a minimum of eight months from the application deadline to when applicants are conditionally selected for an award. Here is an overview of the application and selection process, so you always know what’s going on.
- Application Opens on 12 September 2023 12:00 BST
- Application Deadline: 7 November 2023 12:00 GMT – The deadline for applications is 7 November 2023 at 12:00 GMT (midday UK time)
- From 8 November 2023:Applications are sifted against eligibility criteria.
- Mid-November to December 2023: Reading committee assessments – Independent reading committees assess all eligible applications. Their scores and rankings are then passed back to local British embassies/high commissions.
- Early to mid-February 2024: Applicants shortlisted for interviews -Once the embassy/high commission has reviewed the applications that were passed on to them, they produce a shortlist of those who they will invite to interview. Notifications will then follow. Congratulations if you make it this far. To prepare for your interview, please read our interview guidance.
- 26 February to 26 April 2024: Interviews take place – Candidates from all over the world are interviewed by panels at British embassies and high commissions.
- From June 2024: Results – After months of preparation and trepidation, successful candidates will experience jubilation when interview results are announced from June onwards.11 July 2024: Offer deadline – The deadline to receive and submit at least one unconditional UK university offer is 17:00 BST (UK time) on 11 July 2024.
- September/October 2024 – Studies begin in the UK – 2024/2025 Chevening Scholars commence their studies in the UK, and enter into an international network that they’ll be a part of for the rest of their lives!