Climate Investment Funds (CIF) Youth Fellowship 2023 – This opportunity is open for residents of Egypt, India, Jamaica, Kenya, Thailand, or Tunisia and aged between 18-28. The CIF Youth Fellowship is a unique professional capacity-building program focused on providing hands-on experience to the next generation of young leaders in global climate action.
Climate Investment Funds (CIF) Fellows
- A cohort of young leaders in climate action with a passion for climate thematic areas relevant to the Fellowship.
- Candidates must hold an undergraduate degree or be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program (more details in the relevant fellowship applications).
- The program will seek to ensure an equitable representation of race and ethnic groups, gender identities, indigenous peoples and local communities, and other marginalized groups.
Eligibility for Climate Investment Funds (CIF) Fellows
- Candidates 18-28 years of age at the time of application.
- Candidates residing in Egypt, Tunisia, Kenya, India, Jamaica, or Thailand with a valid work authorization
- Fluency in English as well as in the native/local working language in the country context.
- Good writing skills in both languages.
- One-year program starting on September 1, 2023 to August 31, 2024, with the possibility of adjustment.
- Fellows are expected to work between 16 hours (part time) to 40 hours (full time) per week.
Benefits for successful applicants
- Stipend tailored to the cost of living in Fellowship countries (Purchasing Power Parity).
- In-kind logistical support such as staff time for mentoring and office space.
- Specialized training and professional development sessions.
- Egypt: Clean Energy
- India: Climate Resilience
- Jamaica: Sustainable Forest Management
- Kenya: Sustainability and Climate Finance
- Thailand: Sustainable Land Use Practices and Clean Energy
- Tunisia: Climate Finance
How to apply for Climate Investment Funds Youth Fellowship 2023
Ensure you apply before deadline.