UBC Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program 2024/2025 to Study in Canada – Are you interested in getting an undergraduate or a Masters scholarship? About UBC Mastercard Foundation Scholar Program
Discover the opportunity to study in Canada through the UBC Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program, a collaboration between the University of British Columbia and The Mastercard Foundation. This program offers comprehensive scholarships to academically talented yet economically marginalized students from Sub-Saharan Africa, fostering their leadership skills and commitment to community development.
Qualifications and Requirements
To be considered for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Masters’ Degree Program at UBC, applicants must:
- Have completed a Bachelor’s degree.
- Not possess a graduate or PhD degree.
- Be 35 years old or younger at the time of application.
- Be a citizen or refugee of a Sub-Saharan African country.
- Have lived a significant part of their life in a Sub-Saharan African country.
- Present economically disadvantaged financial circumstances.
- Have achieved academic excellence under difficult circumstances.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities or potential.
- Show interest in and commitment to giving back to their home community.
- Require a Canadian study permit to study in Canada.
- Not have claimed or will claim asylum or protected person status after arriving in Canada.
- Commit to returning to Africa to apply their training and skills for the betterment of others.
How to Apply for UBC Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program
Steps to Apply:
1: Assess Your Eligibility
- Decide on your Program(s) of Interest from the provided list.
- Consult Minimum Academic Requirements/International Credentials for Graduate Students, listed by country.
- Check the program website for background experience requirements.
2: Additional Tests
- If your Bachelor’s degree was not taught in English, arrange to take an English Proficiency Exam (TOEFL or IELTS).
3: MCFSP Application Package
- Complete the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program Application by December 1, 2023.
- Submit the package electronically in a single PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4: UBC Faculty Applications
- Apply online as instructed after completing the MCFSP Application.
- Review faculty application instructions and eligibility for fee waivers.
5: Reviewing Process
- In February 2024, faculties will nominate candidates for Mastercard Foundation Scholarship admission.
- A university-wide selection committee will review applications, rank them, and select award recipients.
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for a video interview in April 2024.
For More Information, Go to the official website at https://mcfscholars.ubc.ca/apply/