NYSC Registration Guide and Requirements 2023 For Foreign Trained Nigerian Graduates. Requirements For Registration/Mobilization Of Foreign Trained Nigerian Graduates are presented below.
NYSC Registration Guide and Requirements 2023 For Foreign Trained Nigerian Graduates
This is very important information:
In order to ensure a seamless registration, prospective corps members are to note the following for strict compliance:
The originals and photocopies of the following documents are required for registration and mobilization of foreign-trained graduates into the National Youth Service Corps (Please note that downloaded Certificates/Transcripts, Statement of results and Attestation letters are not acceptable)
- First University Degree or HND Certificate
- Complete official transcript of the first Degree or HND course
- Marksheet (for Indian Universities only)
- O’level certificate i.e WASC, GCE, SSCE. NECO, IGCE, GCSE, high school diploma for those schooled in USA etc. Note that Online Result Print out is not acceptable in place of the original certificate
- Candidates must obtain credit in not less than five (5) subjects (including English and Mathematics) in not more than 2 sittings.
- Please note that persons who did TOP UP programme/Course are required to upload their foundation certificate eg APTECH, OND, NIIT, IMFORMATICS etc.
- Medical doctors, optometrists. Pharmacists,Nurses, Medical Laboratory Scientists,Radiographers, physiotherapists and all other Health related professionals are required to produce their certificate of registration and Practicing license from relevant bodies. Pharmacists are to present additional documents such as, Oath and letter of introduction from Pharmacists Council of Nigeria .
Note that online result print-outs are not acceptable in place of the original certificates. Statement of results are also not accepted.
TRAVEL DOCUMENT; Nigerian International Passport Showing Clearly:
- Entry visa to the country of study.
- Date of First Departure from Nigeria or first Date of entry into country of study.
- Date of Return to Nigeria after the period of study
- Data page(s) of the international passport(s) used during period of study.
- Graduates with dual nationality are required to upload data pages of both International Passports and present same for verification at the physical verification Centre/Orientation camp( where more than one passports were used during the period of study, candidate should upload data pages of all the international passports)
- Where more than one international Passports were used during the period of study, candidates should upload Data Pages of the International Passports.
- Residence permit /visa covering the whole period of study.
LOSS OF INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT
In the event of loss of international passport, a prospective Corps Member is expected to obtain the following:
- Police and Immigration reports from the country where the Passport got missing.
- Sworn affidavit from the court of law
- Other evidence of stay in the country of study, and
- A new International Passport (Personal Data page of the newly obtained International Passport must be uploaded)
LOSS OF ACADEMIC CREDENTIALS
For loss of academic credentials, the following are required:
- Detailed Police report
- Sworn affidavit from the Court of law
- Confirmation of result from either the examination body (for loss of O’Level certificates) or the institution of graduation (for loss of degree,HND, Certificates)
- Personal Data page of the newly obtained International Passport must be uploaded
Certicates/Transcripts Not written in English Language must be translated at the Embassy of the country of study or a University in Nigeria where the language is studied, before presentation to the NYSC
SPECIAL ISSUES FOR CANDIDATES TO NOTE
- Holders of Diploma of Higher Education and Higher Certificate of Education are not qualified for Mobilization. Therefore, they need not register
- Attestation Letter, Letter of completion of course, To Whom It May Concern letter or any related document is not acceptable in lieu of Degree or HND Certificate (except for Republic of Cameroun).
- Statement of result are also not acceptable in lieu of any certificate.
- Please note that NYSC Management reserves the right to refer to Federal Ministry of Education for verification, any institution or document which status is questionable
- Married women would be deployed to the State where their husbands are domiciled, provided their marriage certificates, husband’s means of identification eg Drivers License, International Passport, National ID card and evidences of change of name are uploaded/Presented.
- Physical verification of all credentials uploaded by foreign Graduates will take place at the specific venues, dates and duration as would be indicated in the candidate’s dashboard. Those assigned callup numbers without first undergoing pre-camp physical verification would be verified at the orientation camp.
- Foreign Trained Corps Members should not send their credentials home after preliminary registration in the Camp untill the credentials are physically verified by duly assigned officer(s) from NYSC, National Directorate Headquarters Abuja.Foreign trained Corps Members should also remain in the camp untill their credentials are physically verified
- Oxford Brookes, (ACCA), Professional Certificates, Correspondance Courses and Certificates through online courses are not acceptable
- Scanned or photocopies of Credentials are not acceptable.
- Foreign graduates who are exempted from service must present all academic credentials and International Passport uploaded for physical verification at the Evaluation Division, Corps Mobilization Department, National Directorate Headquarters, Abuja before Exemption Certficate is issued
- Foreign graduates who are excluded from service must also present all academic credentials and International Passport uploaded for physical verification at the Evaluation Division, Corps Mobilization Department, National Directorate Headquarters, Abuja before Exclusion Letter is printed online
- Foreign Trained graduates who are members of the Armed Forces, Nigerian Police, Nigerian Security Organization (NSO), Department of State Services, National Intelligence Agency(NIA) and Defence Intelligence Agency (DIA) are expected to upload their letters of enlistment, letters from their commands and service identity card while registering online.