Nokia Nigeria Recruitment For Field Competence Support Engineer. Nokia Nigeria is now inviting applications to fill the position of Field Competence Support Engineer. See how to apply below and the requirements.
Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things.
Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job ID: 23000000VH
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Department: NI Network Infrastructure
The team you’ll be part of:
- The pandemic has highlighted how important telecoms networks are to society. Nokia’s Network Infrastructure group is at the heart of a revolution to bring more and faster network capacity to people worldwide through our ambition, innovation, and technical expertise.
- MEA NI Deployment Services team is looking for highly motivated and talented individuals to join our team of first-class Professionals.
- The Field Competence Support Engineer acts as the technical subject expert on all field activities, supporting the Deployment Services of internal or external teams to ensure the technical quality level is reached according to contractual obligations (scope of work, SLAs)..
Roles And Responsibilities
As part of our team, you will:
- Drive the customer project acceptance strategy for the field acceptance part incorporating relevant references from relevant stakeholders.
- Improve and further develop customization and documentation of technical procedures, test protocols, configuration guides, Method of Procedures (MOPs), Detailed Level Procedures (DLPs), and provisioning appropriate work instructions for field tools and measurement equipment.
- Independently prepare and execute product and workmanship training and certifications for subcontracted or internal resources according to the Training and Certification Delivery Model.
- Interface with relevant stakeholders regarding supplier performance evaluation, providing input related to technical evaluation.
- Hold regular meetings with teams in order to understand upcoming resource needs for ongoing and new projects.
- Hold regular meetings with vendor leaders to communicate larger resources needs, and upcoming training needs as well as address vendor deficiencies.
- Develop and drive continuous improvement/automation and digitalization initiatives
- Lead by being the first technical point of contact during the execution of the telecom implementation activities, ensuring a rapid solutions to the reported issues.
- Perform analysis of root causes on process output and deliverables seeking for productivity, quality and cost improvements.
- Guide other field functions and sourcing/offer preparation contributing to installation solution, the definition of scope of work, Request for Information (RFI), Request for Quote (RFQ) process; assessing technical capabilities of suppliers.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Solid Technical background in various technologies (Fixed Networks, IP, Optics, other transport techno’s, etc…)
- English fluent (oral and written)
- Excellent Communication, Presentation and Public Speaking skills.
- Customer Focus and a good team player
- At least 5 years Field Technical work experience on IT / Telecom Projects experience
- Proven track record of Fixed Networks. IP and Optics Complex Project Deployments.
- Certified on Fixed Networks, IP, Optics or related technology (CCNA, CCNP or equivalent) will be considered a plus
It would be nice if you also had:
- Able to manage activities under pressure and critical deadlines
- Financial knowledge
- Problem solving and decision-making skills
- Advanced level expertise with the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Project).
Nokia offers flexible and hybrid working schemes, continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply