NAF Recruitment exercise 2023 has officially started and the application portal / form is out. Nigerian Air force registration form is free of charge, also available online.
The Regular Combatant Commision is a 5 year intensive military training at the Nigerian Defence Academy. This type of commission is opened to young Nigerians within 17 years old and not more than 21 years old at the time of entry into the Academy. The training involves 4 years of both academic and military training and one year of dedicated military training, which will lead to the award of a Bachelor Degree and a presidential commission to the rank of Second Lieutenant in the Nigerian Army (NA), Midship Man in the Nigerian Navy (NN) and Flying Officer in the Nigerian Air Force (NAF). Until 2011, this course used to be exclusively for males. The first set of females commenced training in September 2011.
Direct Short Service Commision
The Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) is a type of commission in the NAF which is open to both civilians and serving military personnel. The Course provides the avenue for the enlistment of degree holders who are professionals in specified fields. Training period for this type of commission is usually 6 months of intensive military training and successful candidates are commissioned into the rank of Flying Officer.
Basic Military Training Course
The Basic Military Training Course is a Short Period Training for the Airmen and Airwomen, not normally more than 6 months of training. It is mainly for those who possess Secondary School Certificate, National Diploma certificate, NABTEB, RN/RM/NCE or City & Guild Certificate and Trade Test Certificate. The BMTC is comprised of Non-Tradesmen/Women with age limit between 18 and 22, and Tradesmen/Women with age limit between 18 and 25.
Entry Requirements for Nigerian Air Force 2023 Recruitment
- Interested applicants must be physically and medically fit.
- Applicants must be Nigerian citizens.
- Applicants applying as tradesmen and women must be between 18 and 25 years of age except for those applying as assistant chaplains/assistant imams and drivers who must be between 18 and 28 years.
- Possess a valid certificate of state of origin duly signed by the Local government authorities.
- Not be less than 1.63 metres or 5.3ft for females and 1.66 metres or 5.4ft for male candidates respectively.
- Must be free from any disciplinary case and not have been convicted by any court of law.
- Present a valid birth certificate or an age declaration.
- Applicants must possess at least a lower credit in ND/NCE or any relevant trade certificate from reputable and approved Government Institutions/ Organisations, with a minimum of 2 passes and a credit in English in not more than 2 sittings in SSCE/NECO /GCE/NABTEB (For tradesmen and tradeswomen)
- Applicants applying as sportsmen/women are to present evidence of their experience, which shall include certificates and medals.
- Possess a minimum of 5 credits in no more than two sittings in WASSCE, NECO, GCE, or NABTEB including English and Mathematics.
- Applicants applying as drivers must possess a minimum of 2 passes in SSCE/ NECO/GCE/NABTEB, with a credit in English and Trade Test Certificate.
- All applicants must be single.
- Candidates must not belong to any secret society, cult, or fraternity.
How to Apply for NAF Recruitment 2023/2024
To apply, follow the steps below:
- Go to air force recruitment portal via https://airforce.mil.ng/apply-now or https://nafrecruitment.airforce.mil.ng/
- Choose the Position you wish to apply for
- Click on start application
- Read and follow the instructions carefully
- Click on start application
- Read the instructions carefully before proceeding.
- Agree to the terms and conditions by ticking the box
- Create an account with your phone number and active E-mail
- Enter the necessary information
- Submit your application
- Take note of your Application Number after the registration.
After submitting your application, print out the under-listed documents:
- Acknowledgment Form.
- Attestation Form to be signed by a Military Officer or Local Government Chairman.
- Local Government Indigeneship Form.
- Parent/Guardian Consent Form.
Nigerian Air force Recruitment Application Portal
The NAF application portal is https://airforce.mil.ng/apply-now or https://nafrecruitment.airforce.mil.ng/