Massive Covenant University Recruitment 2023 – In line with her quest for Academic Excellence and a strong industry-driven research base, Covenant University seeks to attract research active and experienced Senior Academics in the Professorial and Senior Lectureship positions, who are ready to carve a niche for themselves in distinguished collaborative and ground-breaking research.
A passionate interest in being part of a team that believes in pedagogic excellence in raising a new generation of leaders both in academics and the industry is key. In pursuit of this robust goal, the University is set to employ qualified candidates on regular, sabbatical and visiting appointments from all over the world.
Professors/Associate Professors Senior Lecturers and Lecturers I and II in the following Colleges/Departments/Programs.
College of Management and Social Sciences (CMSS)
- Banking and Finance
- Business Administration
- Industrial Relations and Human Resource Management
- Mass Communication
College of Leadership and Development Studies (CLDS)
- Political Science
- Policy and Strategic Studies
- International Relations
College of Science & Technology (CST)
- Biological Sciences
- Building Technology
- Computer Science
- Management Information System
- Estate Management
College of Engineering (CoE)
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Information & Communication Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
In all cases, candidates are required to possess appropriate skills and orientations for their respective disciplines and teaching abilities with adequate research experience. The additional requirements for each cadre are highlighted as follows:
- Professor: PhD. degree with specialization in the discipline applied for with evidence of academic leadership in terms of publications, project design execution and monitoring, etc. Also required are at least 10 years full-time post-Ph.D qualification, relevant teaching and research experience. Research-active Professors who meet the University prescribed internationally recognized contributions are moved to the Research Scholar Scale which offers internationally competitive remuneration.
- Associate Professor (Reader): Same as for Professors but with at least 8 years full-time post-Ph.D qualification, relevant teaching and research experience.
- Senior Lecturer: Same as for Professors but with at least 5 years full-time post-Ph.D qualification, relevant teaching and research experience.
- Lecturer I: A minimum of 2 years full-time post-Ph.D, qualification, relevant teaching and research experience.
- Lecturer II: Ph.D qualification with relevant teaching and research experience.
- Resource Officer II (Librarian): Master’s degree in Library or Information Science with skills in information systems and digital library resources. Membership of accredited and relevant professional bodies is an advantage.
UNIQUE PACKAGE FOR EMINENT SCHOLARS
Remuneration and Other Conditions of Service: Our total package is aimed at motivating faculty to be their best. The University offers a globally-competitive and career-fulfilling package that is comparable to international standard.
Teaching and Research active scholars will attract special packages according to their various ratings. There will also be special allowances for priority programme areas. In addition, the University provides the following conditions of service:
- An encompassing and empowering (physical, moral and spiritual) environment that allows focus and concentration;
- Maintenance of a stable academic calendar
- Well-stocked Library with current publications (books, journals and multimedia centre);
- State-of-the-art Laboratories, Workshops and specialized Facilities;
- Full internet services;
- Sponsorship of International and Local Conferences;
- Research and Development Grants;
- Support for continuous academic and professional development;
- Openness to international collaborations with other institutions;
- 24-hour Campus security and intelligence crew;
- 24-hour electricity and water supply; and
- Residential arrangement for both staff and students
How to Apply
To apply, interested and qualified candidates should visit https://careers.covenantuniversity.edu.ng/job/academic-positions-multiple-entries/
Application Closing Date: November 30, 2023