The Africa Initiative for Governance Scholarship Program 2024/2025 – The AIG Scholarships are targeted at graduates between the ages of 25 and 45 with strong intellectual capability, outstanding academic achievements, leadership skills, and a passion to contribute to the development of Africa’s public sector.
To accomplish our objective of being an impetus for transformation in the Public Sector, Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) will each year for five years, counting from 2017, finance five grants for remarkable West African students from all settings who have an interest in the public sector, to study Master of Public Policy at the Blavatnik School of Government, University of Oxford. Upon graduation, AIG Scholars will in return be expected to apply their learning knowledge as change specialists in their nation’s public sector.
The AIG Scholarship program is basically aimed at young graduate students between the ages of 25 and 35 with solid scholarly capacity, extraordinary scholastic accomplishments, initiative abilities, and enthusiasm to add to the advancement of Africa’s public sector.
The following eligibility criteria have been set out for the AIG Scholarship program, to be eligible and be considered for the award you must;
- Be a Nigerian currently working in the public sector (Ministries, Departments, Agencies & Parastatals) at either Federal or State levels
- Aged between 25 and 45 years
- Have a minimum of seven (7) years (combined private & public sector) work experience
- Have a bachelor’s degree with a minimum of second-class upper qualification
- Academic distinction and leadership potential are key priorities for selection.
- In the case of candidates with second-class upper qualifications, a Master’s, second degree or relevant professional qualification will be an advantage.
- Only applicants shortlisted for the next stage of the selection process will be contacted and any inquiries regarding individual application status are strictly prohibited.
- Applications sent via post or in person are NOT acceptable.
- Candidates who emerge as finalists in the Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) selection process will be expected to apply directly to the Blavatnik School of Government, University of Oxford, for admissions. Finalists who are offered admission to the Master of Public Policy will be considered by the School in the final selection of AIG Scholars.
How to Apply AIG Scholarship 2023/2024
Applications for the Fully Funded AIG Scholarship Program 2024/2025 are all to be submitted online (https://aigimoukhuedefoundation.roundstone.solutions/register). Interested and eligible candidates can click here to start your application.
Application Closing Date: September 15th, 2023.