Virtual National Identification Number (VNIN) | How to Register for VNIN – The NIMC have a made a virtual provision for registration. See below for all you need to know about the Virtual National Identification Number.
- VNIN stands for Virtual National Identification Number (VNIN)
- It is simply a tokenized version of your National Identification Number (NIN)
- It is a 16-character alphanumeric virtual NIN, i.e. “XS868977863229AU”.
- It can only be used once and expires within 72 hours, whether used or not
NIMC deployed VNIN to provide a secure means of presenting the National Identification Number (NIN) in a format that can protect the NIN from being cloned or duplicated.
Click on the links below to find out more about VNIN:
You can generate your VNIN either via:
- NIMC Mobile App
- Download the NIMC App from the App or Play Store
- Log in with your NIN and PIN (1st time users will be required to create a PIN)
- Click on the tab that says Get Virtual NIN
- You will be required to select the Network provider i.e MTN
- The VNIN will then come up you can either scan the bar code or select the copy VNIN option
- USSD – USSD short code is *346#
- Dial *346#
- Input 3 and send for virtual NIN
- Input your 11-digit NIN and press send to generate VNIN
- Enter MTN’s Enterprise ID to continue – 109071
- The VININ is displayed, and the Customer also receives the VNIN as text
Note: Your NIN is required to generate a VNIN.
You will be charged N20 to generate VNIN via USSD
However, generating a VNIN via the NIMC Mobile App is free!
- No. VNIN is a tokenized version of your NIN.
- Customers must have a valid NIN to enable them generate a VNIN
- Your NIN remains valid and is required to generate a VNIN
- You need your valid 11-digit NIN (National Identification Number)
- You need MTN Enterprise ID – Enterprise Short-ID: 109071
- Every mobile network operator (MNO) has its unique enterprise short ID.
- You cannot use the MTN Enterprise ID on any other Network.