Perfect Cover Letter Writing: How to write Cover Letter for that Job – How to Write Cover Letter, for Internship or Industrial Training (IT) space, SIWES, Job, Scholarship & Examples/Templates/Samples of Cover Letter– Have you been looking for writing a perfect cover letter for your desired Job or Internship or Industrial Training (IT) Placement Space or for Scholarship Application, then you are at the right place.
This article is mainly for students, graduates and non-graduates applying for job opportunity, scholarship application, Students’ Industrial Work Experience Scheme (SIWES) Industrial Training (I.T).
Most people think that cover letter and Curriculum Vitae (CV) are the same thing, well this post will such doubt. Do you want to write a best cover letter for your employer, then keep reading. There are three different cover letter samples for you to choose from
What is the Meaning of Cover Letter?
A Cover Letter is a letter of introduction attached to other document such as a resume or curriculum vitae or other documents as required by your application.
In cover letter is possible you to reference the source of the information; for instance; “Sequel to the job advert that appeared on Vanguard Newspaper or recruitmentnote.com on the …. March 2023, I write to apply for ….. The job position you intend on applying…
Ensure you are writing according to the requirements and vital roles as stated by the company or organization.
In all, Cover Letter is simply a short summary of yourself and what you want or the job, scholarship, SIWES. I.T position you are applying for.
Contents of a Perfect/best Cover Letter
A perfect Cover Letter must contain the following:
- Why you want to work at the organization.
- How your skills meet the requirements.
- How your experience meets the requirements of the application.
But for undergraduates, you are not expected to have any work experience, but your skills and reasons why you want to work in that organization is highly needed.
It is advised you research more about the company and know their norms and customs to know the tone you will use while writing.
Cover Samples: How to write the best and perfect Cover Letter
Writer’s address will be on the right-hand side while the addressee’s address (the Receiver) on the other hand,
Example of Address of the company or organization which will be on the left
The Human Resource Manager,
- Sir / Ma (If name is provided, use the name),
The body of the letter:
Sample One of a Cover Letter:
- In partial fulfilment of my bachelor’s degree or In a bid to fulfil my university’s partial requirement for the award of a Bachelor’s degree in Geology, I seek for six months Industrial training in your esteemed establishment. This is to enable me acquire first-hand experience and match academic theory with industrial practices.
I am a level 300Level student of the University of Lagos, with a matriculation number ********** and a CGPA of 4.48.
The training already received in the past three years of my study in the university has adequately prepared me for the challenges I might encounter during the course of my stay. I pledge my loyalty, diligence and commitment to the goals, rules and values of your organization.
Enclosed in this letter is my SIWES form and resume for your consideration.
Thank you so much for your anticipated response.
- Yours faithfully,
- Contact information.
The sample above can help you prepare a cover letter for any position you are looking for.
Sample Two of a Cover Letter:
March 08, 2023
Dear Hiring Manager,
I am very excited to be applying for the ………… Position at …………. As someone with zeal to utilize my skills and abilities, I thrive on putting my best in your reputable organization.
I have over five years of experience in this role, and during my tenure at ……………., I was responsible for the day-to-day recording, management and accountability in the organization. Put other reputable things you did in your previous organization relating to the position you are applying for
My experience working with ………………. teams has taught me the importance of building trusted relationships and inspired me to do more things. I can bring to ……………. real-world experience in developing successful …………………. (what you can do for the organization when you are finally employed).
Thank you for your time and consideration. I’m looking forward to learning more about the ………………. position and about ………… (the organization’s name). I believe my skills as a ………………. will be a significant asset for your team’s current and future needs. I am committed to continuing to grow as a leader and applying my talents to help the organization lead the industry in …………………. (a special thing you can do for the organization that can blow the mind of the employer).
Sample Three of a Cover Letter:
Dear Talent Acquisition Officer,
The subject refers.
I am Team RNote, a fresh graduate of Geology from the University of Lagos, Lagos State.
I humbly apply to intern with your establishment as I believe that it will give me an opportunity to experience the workings of an organized corporate establishment. I also believe that my skills and experiences as a Sales Officer at an electronics enterprise and Litigation Clerk in a Law Office will definitely make me a good fit for this position.
Find attached a copy of my curriculum vitae (CV) in support of this application.
Thank you in anticipation for your favourable response.
Summary of what cover letter contains
A good and best cover letter should include:
- Your name, email address and phone number
- The name of the business and the contact person’s full name (if available) on the left
- A reference line (e.g., “Re: Application for Administration Assistant position”) for email applications
- An opening statement that briefly introduces you to the reader
- A main body that highlights qualities and characteristics you have that are relevant to the job
- A closing paragraph asking to arrange an interview
- General skills that help you work in a team and as part of an organization
- Personal attributes that will help you learn to work in a professional work environment
- Key strengths and contributions that show you are a stand-out applicant
- School work experience or volunteer work that demonstrates your strengths and attributes
- Any sporting or community club participation (if relevant)
- Any hobbies or interests that are relevant to the job or demonstrate your professional experience