Roche Nigeria Global Student Internship Program 2023 | How to Apply. Here are the requirements, Date Stipend and how to apply for Roche Nigeria Global Student Internship Program (Innovation & Sustainability) 2023.
Roche Nigeria Global Student Internship Program 2023
Roche is a global pioneer in pharmaceuticals and diagnostics focused on advancing science to improve people’s lives. The combined strengths of pharmaceuticals and diagnostics under one roof have made Roche the leader in personalised healthcare – a strategy that aims to fit the right treatment to each patient in the best way possible. Roche is the world’s largest biotech company, with truly differentiated medicines in oncology, immunology, infectious diseases, ophthalmology and diseases of the central nervous system. Roche is also the world leader in in vitro diagnostics and tissue-based cancer diagnostics, and a frontrunner in diabetes management.
Founded in 1896, Roche continues to search for better ways to prevent, diagnose and treat diseases and make a sustainable contribution to society. The company also aims to improve patient access to medical innovations by working with all relevant stakeholders. Thirty medicines developed by Roche are included in the World Health Organization Model Lists of Essential Medicines, among them life-saving antibiotics, antimalarials and cancer medicines. Roche has been recognised as the Group Leader in sustainability within the Pharmaceuticals, Biotechnology & Life Sciences Industry ten years in a row by the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices (DJSI).
Applications are invited for:
Title: Global Student Internship in Innovation & Sustainability – Enrolling Local Patients in International Trials
Job ID: 202303-107558
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Start Date: July 2023
Duration: 3 months, with a possibility of extension)
Category: Vocational & Development Programs
About the Program
- This internship position is part of Roche’s Global Internship Program in Innovation & Sustainability (#IP2TIS). At Roche, we nurture a culture of innovation and sustainability, empowering brilliant minds like yours to build lasting impact.
- Our dynamic #IP2TIS program, tailored for outstanding Bachelor, Master’s, and MBA students, runs for 2-3 months during summer 2023. In this program you collaborate with industry experts on trailblazing projects, and contribute to Roche’s pursuit of a sustainable future.
- Unite with 34 interns from over 17 countries in this program, as we collectively redefine the possibilities!
About the Project
- The project we are recruiting for, aims to address the severe underrepresentation of African patients in clinical trials. By enlisting and supporting a cohort of African patients, we hope to contribute to Roche’s 10-year ambitions and promote sustainable healthcare practices.
Take on a meaningful challenge:
- The project seeks to address the lack of representation of African patients in clinical trials.
- We aim to build a network of local institutions in Nigeria to identify suitable patient referrals for an ongoing/upcoming international trial.
- We will establish regulatory requirements for patient referral and identify sustainable funding sources for the project.
- The success of this project will contribute to Roche’s 10-year ambitions and promote sustainable healthcare practices.
- African patients’ success stories will be a pivotal tool for sustainability and have the potential to influence policy change.
What are the three key achievements we expect from you
- Identifying a relevant ongoing or upcoming international trial through the evaluation of local epidemiological data and engaging stakeholders to establish a network within local institutions with a potential suitable patient population.
- Establishing and documenting regulatory requirements for patient referral between Nigeria and the international region/country where the identified trial is taking place. This will involve creating a clear pathway for the physical or remote transference of local patients to participate in the trial.
- Determining budget requirements for the project and identifying and establishing a sustainable source of funding to ensure its long-term success and impact on the Nigerian healthcare system.
Requirements for Roche Nigeria Global Student Internship
Who you are:
- Currently enrolled in a Master’s or PhD Program in a Life Science-related field, such as Biology or Medicine, or preferably in Clinical Research.
- Clinical Research Associate (CRA) certification (Association of Clinical Research Professionals(ACRP) or equivalent) is a plus.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, as well as a proven track record of working effectively in diverse teams involving multi-functional disciplines.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively at all levels and present complex and/or new ideas with clarity and simplicity.
- Strong social skills and the ability to work collaboratively with stakeholders from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- You should also have strong language and IT skills.
- Working knowledge of research concepts, practices, International Conference on Harmonization (ICH), Good Clinical Practice (GCP) Guidelines, and regulatory requirements for clinical trial management. Knowledge of regulations in Nigeria as they apply to clinical research is a plus.
- Some experience with clinical trials and a broad understanding of GCP and regulatory requirements. Accredited GCP course is a plus.
How to Apply Roche Nigeria Global Student Internship Program
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply